Thursday, December 15, 2011

If you only speak of happiness, then it is no more than a word

I'm yellow. Why? Because I want to be yellow.


My grandfather built his life up from scratch. His life as a kid was cut short, because instead of playing baseball with his friends, he had to work for his uncle for 50 cents an hour. Eventually he went into the elevator trade for 35 years of his life. Yet, as far as I can tell, this is one of the happiest men I know.

When my grandfather was my age he lost his father. The age that he lost his father was irrelevent because the loss of a loved one is imeasurable no matter what age one is. What amazes me the most however, is that although he was at a loss for words that day he refused to let that one moment in his life bring him down. He moved on with his life. He taught me that no matter what happens, if you want to be happy, then all you have to do is try.

No comments:

Post a Comment