Thursday, December 15, 2011

You can tell a tortoise that it is a hare as much as you want, but no matter what; it is still a Tortoise

"...and that is why you should join the track team."

My mother has never forced anything on me. When I was growing up and I said I didn't like pickles on my cheeseburgers, she never once forced me to eat the pickles. I never questioned this of course because I was a child. I was just happy not to have to eat pickles. Now that I am older I understand that there are people who try and force lifestyles and even pickles on other people. My mother's mother is one of these people.

I learned (from my mother) that my grandmother was a very controlling person. If something was to be done, it had to be done the way she wanted it. sadly my mother had to grow up in that kind of house hold. My grandmother did her best to force her beliefs on my mom. For years and years she just went along with it, trying to conform to her mothers requests. As she grew up, she slowly drifted away from her mother demands. As a matter a fact, my mother has ended up nothing like what my grandmother is like. She is the exact opposite of my grandmother. She has taught me that no matter what people say, i will always be, what i was meant to be.

1 comment:

  1. Pickles on sandwiches is definetly a disgruntling situation. Why, just the other day, I ate a sandwich, only to find two small sandwich pickles placed strategicaly so that one cannot see them when purchasing or stuffing into one's gullet! If only all food preparers were similar to your mother, the world would be a significantly better place.

    ReplyDelete